Saturday 25 May 2013

Digital Prints - Cinderella and Elves and Shoemaker

It has been very tricky trying to balance my time between hand print making, digital print design and fashion construction.  My main priority is at the beginning is to get the digital printing done so it can be sent off to the 'Silk Bureau' who will print my designs onto my fabric.

Here are some of my digital prints that have developed from my sketchbook into photoshop:


 Cinderella designs..

Pastel drawing of a mouse wearing a dress.  A simple line drawing is placed over the top in photoshop which helps to create a hand painted feel to the design.





I created this carriage by using cotton reels to print with and buttons.  The cotton reel prints create harsh thick lines as well as small graphic dotty lines.  I collaged it together in photoshop to create the body of the carriage.


I then added the horses to the carriage.

Elves and the shoemaker designs:


To create the elf I did a rough pastel drawing of the body and dress.  Then a linear version.  Scanned both in to photo shop and placed one on top of the other.


The elves in a border print


I drew the cotton reels using a fine line pen and then filled in with colour on photoshop.  It is important for me to show a contrast between the graphic photoshop designs such as this one and the hand painted photoshop designs such as the elves.






No comments:

Post a Comment