Friday 3 May 2013

Toiling Snow Queen Dress

Whilst I was toiling the Sleeping Beauty dress, I thought that I would toile the Snow Queen one as well.  They are a similar design, apart from the amount of skirt ruffles and this dress also has sheer sleeves.



I made the dress up in the same way as before, but added a third ruffled layer to the skirt.  Once on the mannequin it just did not look right.  It looked too formal for a 5-6 year old, I think the length of the skirt should be where the middle layer is.


I added the ruffle neckline strip to the bodice to see what that would look like as well as pinning up each of the three ruffled layers.  The skirt still looked odd, but the neckline looks nice.  However I think I am going to keep this neckline ruffle free so it looks different to the Sleeping Beauty dress.


I created another skirt toile using shorter length ruffles, two of them would be made from silk and the top ruffle would be sheer.


Looked better on the stand already


I added the sheer sleeves to the bodice and the attached the skirt to the bodice too.  The overall effect looks really good.  


Added the sample belt with the trimming and tied a bow at the back.  I am really pleased with this toile.








No comments:

Post a Comment