Saturday 25 May 2013

Toiling Snow White Dress

All of my dresses are quite simple designs made up of layers of ruffles and strips of fabric all gathered up to create full skirts for the party dresses.  However, as I have got quite a bit of construction experience I thought that I would show off some of it!  In the second year of my degree I took some fashion construction evening classes which really helped boost my confidence in construction.  As well as learning the basics and the intermediate level, I also learnt the TR pattern cutting skill that has been created by Shingo Sato.  This was more tricky for me to get my head around, but there was one technique that I mastered and loved doing.  The 'twisted heart' technique!

I really wanted to put a little bit of the TR pattern cutting into my collection to show it off! So I chose this twisted heart.  I thought it would work really well within the Snow White outfit, on the bodice of the dress.

Here is my toile of it:



I am really happy with the outcome and will definitely be using this technique on the dress!


No comments:

Post a Comment