Saturday 1 June 2013

Wallpaper collection

As well as a fashion collection for little girls, I also designed a simple wallpaper collection for little girls.  I have always loved interiors and at the beginning of the project I wanted to do a small interiors collection as well.  So whilst I have been print making for the fashion collection, I have also been keeping my interior design head on too!  I have created a collection of fabric fronts which could be used as furnishing fabrics as well as interior wallpapers.  Basically I want to keep all my options open in the children's wear market and at New Designers I will have my fashion collection and then my wallpapers and furnishing fabrics/ interior fabrics as well.
I had four different wallpaper designs printed up on special  wallpaper called Phototex which you can peel off and onto a wall.  It is transportable wallpaper!!
My four pieces of wallpaper are going to make up the design wall at Graduate Fashion Week along with other students wallpaper. Then for New Designers, I will have the wallpaper in my own presentation space.

These are my four designs:





These designs are from my Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty collection.  I chose these designs because I feel that they are subtle enough to be in a little girl's bedroom - probably as a feature wall though, as all four walls may be a bit over the top!

I can't wait to see them up at the shows!

No comments:

Post a Comment